Why go birding in Spain?
Birding in Spain is an experience not to be missed. When it comes to birdwatching, Spain has always been at the forefront of European birding tours. Add great food, fine wine and comfortable accommodation to unforgettable bird tours and it really is a birders paradise.
The Manchegan wetlands are unique in Europe, in the mountains you can visit the second largest breeding colony of Black Vulture in Europe, the dehesas contain the largest number of Spanish Imperial Eagles in Spain, view bands of Great Bustard in courtship and Little Bustard with Sandgrouse on the vast steppe. And that’s only the start. Castilla la Mancha is ideally placed to experience the Sierra, Steppe and Wetlands that central Spain has to offer.
Stay in our guest accommodation in
We look forward to welcoming you.
What We Offer
- Tailor-made guided birding and wildlife tours in central Spain in a wide variety of habitats.
- Experience excellent birding of the Steppe, Sierras and Wetlands of Castilla la Mancha.
- Specialists in tours for reduced groups and individuals who want complete birdwatching freedom to enjoy their holiday.
- Guest accommodation in Casa Oretani in the beautiful village of Picón.
Book between September 30th and December 31st and avail of our Spring Discount of 10%
We can also arrange to include in your holiday:
- Cultural visits
- Castles and Historic buildings
- Wine Tasting
- Traditional Cheese Maker visits
- Become a shepherd or cow-hand for a day
- Canoeing/Horse-riding/Hill-walking/Hiking trips
- Entertainment for children
|A video documentary about the Montes Norte region. Mike is the guy at the start!|