Oretani Wildlife will endeavour to make sure your birding holiday is as enjoyable and fruitful as possible. Please read the following booking terms and conditions regarding your tour.
Number of Participants
Oretani Wildlife values your comfort and the quality of your tour. With that in mind, the minimum number within a group will normally be 2 and a maximum of 8 excluding your guide. Please ask for a quote for larger groups.
Oretani Wildlife does not book or pay for your flights to and from Spain allowing you to have more freedom of choice as to which airline and airport you fly to. It is recommended, however, that flights be booked to Madrid Barajas Airport which is closest to Ciudad Real where you will be picked up as part of your package on tours lasting three or more days. If you wish to book a day trip you will be met at your hotel or guest accommodation in the area, or at the high speed AVE station in Ciudad Real.
- All tour transport during tours of 3 days or more is included in the price quoted and will be either in a comfortable, air-conditioned people carrier or four wheel drive. All entrance fees to any National Parks or other sites will also be included.
- For day or half-day tours transport will be in the clients own or rented car unless by other prior arrangement.
Accommodation and Food
Your comfort is our greatest concern and forms a major part of your enjoyment of the region. Our guest accommodation, Casa Oretani, is our own rural village guest accommodation which provides comfortable lodging next to a volcano and not far from the Guadiana River and allows for bird watching even when not on the road. Lodging in Casa Oretani is included for the tour packages of 3 days/2 nights or longer. For accommodation elsewhere please request a special quote. Within 10-15 minutes you can see or hear Eagle Owl, Little Bustard, three species of Harriers and during the summer nights the Scops Owls are everywhere. Depending on your preference you can eat out or use the kitchen in the house to cook for yourselves your evening meal. Breakfast will always be included as will a picnic lunch or menu del día at a local restaurant along the way. Evening meals will be at your own cost and we can always provide you with suggestions as to where to find the best food.
Oretani Wildlife has civil responsibility insurance, however, when travelling it is always highly recommended to take out a travel insurance policy in case of delays, cancellation or other contingencies.
Itinerary and Price Changes
- Itineraries are subject to weather and conditions on the day and can also be changed to suit you, the client. Any changes can be discussed. Oretani Wildlife accepts no responsibility for adverse weather conditions.
- Prices are a guide and depend on the level of service required by you, the client. The prices quoted are for the basic package where you stay in our own self-catering accommodation. A revision of the price can be made to tailor each clients specific desires, needs and requirements.
Booking with Oretani Wildlife
When making a booking with Oretani Wildlife we ask you to confirm in writing either by letter, e-mail or filling out the contact form on our website and pay a 40% of the price deposit. Payment can be made via bank transfer or we also accept all major credit cards. The balance must be paid at least 21 days before the start of the tour. This will include, as stated above, your Oretani Wildlife guide, ground transport with fuel and any entry fees included, accommodation where specified, breakfast and lunch. You may cancel your trip however with the following conditions:
- If cancellation is made 21 days or more before the start of the trip the full cost and deposit is fully refundable.
- If cancellation is made between 14 and 21 days before the start of the tour 50% of the total cost, deposit included, is non-refundable.
- If cancellation is made within 7 days of the tour, 75% of the total cost, deposit included, will be non-refundable.
- If no notice of cancellation is made and you do not arrive on the specified date/time 100% of the total cost, deposit included, will be non-refundable.
Any cancellation refunds will be promptly made by bank transfer.
To whet your appetite, upon receipt of your deposit, we will send you a complete itinerary with checklists of what we expect to find at the time of year your tour is and information about where you will stay.