1. Drive a quad-bike around a Nature Reserve. The birds love loud exhausts.
2. Use the newly built hide for fishing from and walk around it talking and wearing brightly coloured shirts. Don´t bother using the 100 or so properly built fishing steps.
3. Let your dog off a leash, in fact you can do this in National Parks too.
4. Shout to your friends that you don´t know where all the bloody ducks are, call your dog back and play with it.
5. Stop your car with loud music right next to a hide, get out leaving the door open and ask the quiet birder what he sees.
6. Throw stones into the water in front of your hide.